develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2014

Re: RFC: add discouragement warning to perl threads documentation

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
March 3, 2014 18:35
Re: RFC: add discouragement warning to perl threads documentation
Message ID:
5314CB55.6000305@cpan.org
On 03/03/2014 02:54 PM, Christian Walde wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:45:56 +0100, Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 03/03/2014 12:35 AM, Christian Walde wrote:
>>> So now i don't know if you're thinking in a timeframe that removes the
>>> necessity for my patch or not.
>>
>> For what it's worth, I don't think your patch is a necessity to begin
>> with.
>
> Why?

Sorry, I should have stressed "necessity" in that. Perl ithreads are not
deprecated. They're a kludge, no doubt. They're commonly misunderstood.
But that doesn't make it a _necessity_ to have your patch or the non-FUD
equivalent. (Do note that I really mean FUD, not saying it's bs.)

--Steffen