develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2014

Re: [perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
March 1, 2014 23:26
Re: [perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation
Message ID:
20140301232643.28802.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On 3/1/14 9:01 AM, JB via RT wrote:
> On Thu Feb 27 18:43:20 2014, jkeenan wrote:
>> On Tue Jan 22 10:31:03 2013, hanekomu wrote:
>>> Hi nicomen,
>>>
>>> I've already started to work on this. There aren't that many files to
>>> change, as far as I can see.
>>>
>>> To get all files that don't require test.pl but do print something
>>> and
>>> are not in the directories-to-
>>> be-excluded as mentioned above:
>>>
>>> $ ack -G '\.t$' -L 'require.*test.pl' | xargs ack -l print | ack -v
>>> '^(base|cmd|comp|opbasic|re)/'
>>>
>>> op/sprintf.t
>>> porting/maintainers.t
>>> porting/podcheck.t
>>> run/switchF1.t
>>> run/switchp.t
>>> win32/system.t
>>>

>> The 6 files above all appear to have been "handled", i.e., they were
>> either converted to using t/test.pl or a comment was added stating why
>> they were specifically not converted to t/test.pl.
>>
>> Hence, I don't see anything more to be done on this ticket.
>>
>> If you disagree with that judgment, please speak up.  Otherwise, I
>> will close the ticket within 7 days.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>> Jim Keenan
>>> I've already worked on op/sprintf.t and porting/maintainers.t (and
>>> changed
>>> Porting/Maintainers.pm to output results in a deterministic order).
>>>
>>> Also, I'm going to - as discussed with rjbs on IRC - make the
>>> "chdir/@INC/require test.pl" code
>>> at the top of each test more consistent across all tests.
>>>
>>> So if you don't mind I'd like to continue working on this bug.
>
> James,
>
> I noticed you have "taken" this ticket.  Have you begun working on it yet?  If not I'd like to take it from you.
>
> Jeff

On IRC, rjbs asked me to review the status of this ticket.  I didn't
think anything more needed to be done, so I "took" it mainly so that I
would see it on my list of tickets and close it on the promised schedule.

However, if you think there are other files needing the sort of
migration away from hand-rolled tests which was the original request,
please feel free to list those files and then work on them.  If you have
an RT account, you can "take" the ticket as well.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan