develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2014

[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation

From:
JB via RT
Date:
March 1, 2014 21:26
Subject:
[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-23801-1393682468-456.116483-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Feb 27 18:43:20 2014, jkeenan wrote:
> On Tue Jan 22 10:31:03 2013, hanekomu wrote:
> > Hi nicomen,
> >
> > I've already started to work on this. There aren't that many files to
> > change, as far as I can see.
> >
> > To get all files that don't require test.pl but do print something
> > and
> > are not in the directories-to-
> > be-excluded as mentioned above:
> >
> > $ ack -G '\.t$' -L 'require.*test.pl' | xargs ack -l print | ack -v
> > '^(base|cmd|comp|opbasic|re)/'
> >
> > op/sprintf.t
> > porting/maintainers.t
> > porting/podcheck.t
> > run/switchF1.t
> > run/switchp.t
> > win32/system.t
> >

> The 6 files above all appear to have been "handled", i.e., they were
> either converted to using t/test.pl or a comment was added stating why
> they were specifically not converted to t/test.pl.
>
> Hence, I don't see anything more to be done on this ticket.
>
> If you disagree with that judgment, please speak up.  Otherwise, I
> will close the ticket within 7 days.
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan
> > I've already worked on op/sprintf.t and porting/maintainers.t (and
> > changed
> > Porting/Maintainers.pm to output results in a deterministic order).
> >
> > Also, I'm going to - as discussed with rjbs on IRC - make the
> > "chdir/@INC/require test.pl" code
> > at the top of each test more consistent across all tests.
> >
> > So if you don't mind I'd like to continue working on this bug.

James,

I noticed you have "taken" this ticket.  Have you begun working on it yet?  If not I'd like to take it from you.

Jeff

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open