develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2014

Re: I've tweaked SAVEt_CLEARSV,

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
March 1, 2014 10:26
Re: I've tweaked SAVEt_CLEARSV,
Message ID:
20140301102642.GN1615@iabyn.com
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:18:59PM -0500, bulk88 wrote:
> In commit "SAVEt_CLEARSV: simplify SvREADONLY_off() condition" http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/d263c0173f6ababa6791fd24914c3a92725ce5f0
> you mentioned "SAVEt_CLEARSV should always be called with SvPADMY()
> true, so don't test for it, but assert it instead.", does that means
> SAVECLEARSV has no use outside of core? It can't be used on a perl
> stack SV or AV slice now?

It never could. I suspect you're thinking of SAVEt_SV, which is the
internal implementation of 'local $a[1]' etc, and which is unaffected.
SAVEt_CLEARSV is specifically for acting upon lexical vars when they go
out of scope.

--
"Foul and greedy Dwarf - you have eaten the last candle."
    -- "Hordes of the Things", BBC Radio.