develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2014

Re: I've tweaked SAVEt_CLEARSV,

From:
bulk88
Date:
March 1, 2014 03:19
Re: I've tweaked SAVEt_CLEARSV,
Message ID:
BLU0-SMTP740A9143C2676930230266DF8D0@phx.gbl
Dave Mitchell wrote:
> I've just pushed the following merge commit:
>
>     commit f5572cf8315f7c5228c30330db88dd3f604cfdc1
>     Merge: b838857 9af1599
>     Author:     David Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com>
>     AuthorDate: Fri Feb 28 19:46:15 2014 +0000
>     Commit:     David Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com>
>     CommitDate: Fri Feb 28 19:46:15 2014 +0000
>
>     [MERGE] tweak in-place branch of SAVEt_CLEARSV
>
>     clean up the code that clears lexical vars on scope exit; chiefly, wrap
>     all the individual 'unusual case' flag tests in a single big test of the
>     union of all such flags, so that simple lexical vars skip all the tests.
>
> It reduces the object size of Perl_leave_scope() by 97 bytes on x86_64,
> and as usual, benchmarks are just noise.

In commit "SAVEt_CLEARSV: simplify SvREADONLY_off() condition"
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/d263c0173f6ababa6791fd24914c3a92725ce5f0
  you mentioned "SAVEt_CLEARSV should always be called with SvPADMY()
true, so don't test for it, but assert it instead.", does that means
SAVECLEARSV has no use outside of core? It can't be used on a perl stack
SV or AV slice now?