develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2014

[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
February 28, 2014 02:43
Subject:
[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-4735-1393555400-1144.116483-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Jan 22 10:31:03 2013, hanekomu wrote:
> Hi nicomen,
>
> I've already started to work on this. There aren't that many files to
> change, as far as I can see.
>
> To get all files that don't require test.pl but do print something and
> are not in the directories-to-
> be-excluded as mentioned above:
>
> $ ack -G '\.t$' -L 'require.*test.pl' | xargs ack -l print | ack -v
> '^(base|cmd|comp|opbasic|re)/'
>
> op/sprintf.t
> porting/maintainers.t
> porting/podcheck.t
> run/switchF1.t
> run/switchp.t
> win32/system.t

The 6 files above all appear to have been "handled", i.e., they were either converted to using t/test.pl or a comment was added stating why they were specifically not converted to t/test.pl.

Hence, I don't see anything more to be done on this ticket.

If you disagree with that judgment, please speak up.  Otherwise, I will close the ticket within 7 days.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan
> I've already worked on op/sprintf.t and porting/maintainers.t (and
> changed
> Porting/Maintainers.pm to output results in a deterministic order).
>
> Also, I'm going to - as discussed with rjbs on IRC - make the
> "chdir/@INC/require test.pl" code
> at the top of each test more consistent across all tests.
>
> So if you don't mind I'd like to continue working on this bug.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open