develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2014

[perl #2166] foreach spuriously autovivifies

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
February 9, 2014 19:16
Subject:
[perl #2166] foreach spuriously autovivifies
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-18676-1391973363-1086.2166-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Jan 27 03:35:27 2014, davem wrote:
> 4.77 s passing elements that already exist
> 9.36 s creating and passing PVLV proxies
> 4.23 s autovivifing, then passing
>
> (and no, I don't understand why autovivifying is slightly faster than
> them
> already existing.)

If I could change that (make PVLVs fast), would you be willing to change
your mind?

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: rejected