RE: [perl #121073] IO::Compress COW problems

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
January 31, 2014 00:58
RE: [perl #121073] IO::Compress COW problems
Message ID:
20140131005849.28277.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Paul Marquess wrote:
> Regarding the patch, I'm confused why C::R::Zlib needs updates, but
> C::R::Bzip2 doesn't. The XS code is practically identical (because I
> recycled Zlib.xs when I was writing Bzip2.xs), so I don't understand why
> there isn't a COW issue with both?

Presumably it does.  I only fixed the issues that caused test failures
in the perl core under -Accflags=-DPERL_DEBUG_READONLY_COW.  Those
failures were in IO::Compress's tests, so presumably it tests with
::Zlib by default?

If you take the tests I included in the patch and adjust them for
Bzip2, do they fail with it?