RE: [perl #121073] IO::Compress COW problems

From:
Paul Marquess
Date:
January 29, 2014 09:34
RE: [perl #121073] IO::Compress COW problems
Message ID:
012801cf1cd5$366da1c0$a348e540$@btinternet.com
Sorry for the delay in applying this patch. I tried it over the  holidays last month, but it broke with Perl 5.6.* - looked like a ppport issue (I think).  Been meaning to look at it again.

If 5.20 is imminent I'll see if I can get a chance to look at it this week.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Father Chrysostomos (via RT) [mailto:perlbug-followup@perl.org]
Sent: 24 January 2014 06:12
To: bugs-bitbucket@rt.perl.org
Subject: [perl #121073] IO::Compress COW problems

# New Ticket Created by  Father Chrysostomos # Please include the string:  [perl #121073] # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue.

Under PERL_DEBUG_READONLY_COW, these two test files fail:

	../cpan/IO-Compress/t/109merge-rawdeflate.t
	../cpan/IO-Compress/t/cz-03zlib-v1.t

I have submitted a patch to <https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=91558>.
We really ought to get a new release integrated into bleadperl before 5.20 ships. We
can’t make copy-on-write more prevalent while core modules fail to handle it.

--

Father Chrysostomos