Re: [perl #121078] perlrun -M documentation minor error

From:
demerphq
Date:
January 27, 2014 01:13
Re: [perl #121078] perlrun -M documentation minor error
Message ID:
CANgJU+U30AxYibJbomsLcYSNNwgZm0iVbDA9y8QUNiVGwNOgWA@mail.gmail.com
On 26 January 2014 23:02, Marc Lehmann <schmorp@schmorp.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 10:26:59PM -0800, Abigail via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
>>
>> However, let's keep in mind Perl is used by a lot of people for which
>> English isn't their native language, and are struggling with it.
>
> Sorry, but this has nothing to do with people "struggling" with some
> non-native language - claiming so is just chauvinist bullshit and probably
> indicates a severe incompetence at handling english yourself (just because
> you read it one way doesn't mean your reading is the only valid one).

Abigail works in a company where there are lots of Perl devs of
varying levels of experience and varying levels of English
communication skills. His comment is aimed at them.

> I wish perl bug reports wouldn't be answered by supremacist people who
> have nothing better to do than to insult others.
>
> It certainly makes it hard to be constructive in such an atmosphere.

You have a ridiculously thin skin if you think Abigail was referring
to YOU. And the only person making rude comments in this thread is
YOU.

Man up Marc, not everything is about YOU.

Yves