Re: [perl #121080] blead setlocale broken on VMS

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
January 25, 2014 05:07
Re: [perl #121080] blead setlocale broken on VMS
Message ID:
52E34692.2070006@khwilliamson.com
On 01/24/2014 08:58 PM, Craig A. Berry (via RT) wrote:
> I question the expectation of locale.t that setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, NULL) will return the value of LC_NUMERIC from the environment.

You're right.  The value setlocale returns is opaque, and can't be
parsed like that test expects.  All that is supposedly guaranteed is
that if you pass a value returned from a setlocale() to a later
setlocale(), it will understand the opaque value correctly.

I'll have to come up with a better test.