Re: $^O for Android

From:
Brian Fraser
Date:
January 15, 2014 10:42
Re: $^O for Android
Message ID:
CA+nL+nbUoSUsNPy6dRwd0pM8qDeK7Hf-WY7DdpDdTZm-UYJqig@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Piotr Roszatycki <
piotr.roszatycki@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2014/1/13 Brian Fraser <fraserbn@gmail.com>:
> >> nm, ar and ranlib are available. You need to install full binutils
> >> add-one (by default only binutils-compact is installed).
> >

> > No can do. CCtools refuses to work on ouya after the first install.
>
> Just unpack this
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wbduq756bvd2skc/1QxALayl2f/binutils_2.23_armel.zip
> in /data/data/com.pdaxrom.cctools/root
>
> You can also unpack git, mc and other nice tools. See
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wbduq756bvd2skc/cgPjv6iGOH

Ah, this does work, thank you. As expected, it gets rid of the issues
related to SBDM_File. I used this to build perl:

$ sh Configure -des -Dusedevel -Dsysroot=$SYSROOT -Alibpth="/system/lib
/vendor/lib"

I have a hunch that the majority of the remaining failures could be due to
MakeMaker's tests expecting Android's linker to behave more sanely than
it's wont to do.