Re: Concerning 90d6b40e (vutil.c: Use existing macros instead ofreinventing them)

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
January 7, 2014 22:04
Re: Concerning 90d6b40e (vutil.c: Use existing macros instead ofreinventing them)
Message ID:
52CC79EF.7010100@khwilliamson.com
On 01/06/2014 08:30 AM, Father Chrysostomos wrote:
> Please note this comment at the top of vutil.c:
>
> /* This file is part of the "version" CPAN distribution.  Please avoid
>     editing it in the perl core. */
>
> That commit should have been submitted upstream instead.

I am troubled by having a cpan-upstream file in the Perl base directory,
even if there is a comment at the top of it.

I think the file should be moved to cpan/.  I suspect that it is not
portable to have a slash separated path in a #include, but -I can be
used in the Makefile to cause the file to be looked for in the
appropriate place.

If this is somehow impracticable, it should be at least made read-only.