Re: intermittent failure of cpan/Pod-Simple/t/search50.t

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
January 7, 2014 15:14
Re: intermittent failure of cpan/Pod-Simple/t/search50.t
Message ID:
20140107151424.GA27210@iabyn.com
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 02:56:56PM +0000, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 08:20:36PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > I've pushed this to blead in smoke-me/nicholas/perldoc_not_Pod-perldoc
> >

> > If people can't spot a flaw in this, I ought to open a ticket on
> > rt.cpan.org to alert upstream to the problem and the fix.
>
> I've opened one:
>
> https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=91733

The patch has made it into Pod-Perldoc-3.21, which was pulled into blead
yesterday, and today I updated blead to use the distro Makefile.PL rather
than the auto-generated one. With this, perldoc.pod is now copied to

        lib/perldoc.pod

    rather than

        lib/Pod/perldoc.pod

It should now be safe for Pod-Simple to be updated to scan all files
rather than just one at random.

--
You're only as old as you look.