develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2013

[perl #120812] How does perlbug and perlthanks work?

From:
Gabor Szabo
Date:
December 18, 2013 14:09
Subject:
[perl #120812] How does perlbug and perlthanks work?
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-21821-1387294168-1016.120812-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Gabor Szabo
# Please include the string:  [perl #120812]

Please add explanation to perlbug, what happens after someone submits
a bug-report or a thank-you note.

Details:

Today I tried to send a message using perlthanks but I was not sure if
it was really sent, I also sent an e-mail to perl-thanks@perl.org

I have not received any feedback on either of those.
After about 6 hours I saw the one that I manually e-mailed
appear in the archives of http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/

I assume it was held for manual approval.

I don't know if the other one has ever reached the moderation-queue or
has not even left my computer and I don't know what would happen if I
filed a bug-report.

It would be nice if there was some feedback, or at least
some explanation in the docs http://perldoc.perl.org/perlthanks.html
on what happens to the thank-you notes and the bugs after
I ran perlthanks or perlbug.

Do they enter a moderation-queue?
Can I see the queue?
Approx how long till someone looks at it?
Where can I check if it got approved?

Thank you!

Gabor

ps. Using 5.18.1 on OSX.