develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2013

one more RC for perl-5.18.2?

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
December 16, 2013 16:08
Subject:
one more RC for perl-5.18.2?
Message ID:
20131216160824.GB18841@cancer.codesimply.com
We have two tickets outstanding against 5.18.1, and I am thinking I'll apply
fixes and do another RC for 5.18.2.

They are #120799 (regression with [:^ascii:]) and #120288 (-bareword gives
various errors instead of "-bareword").

Since we slow down the release of maint as later maint branches happen, it
seems prudent to release these fixes now, as otherwise they may languish.
Unless someone convinces me that this is nuts, I am going to make a new RC
tonight or tomorrow, rather than releasing RC2 as final, which was planned for
today.

--
rjbs