develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2013

[perl #66332] perl-5.8.9 Compiling on HP UX PA-RISC with gcc

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
December 16, 2013 02:29
Subject:
[perl #66332] perl-5.8.9 Compiling on HP UX PA-RISC with gcc
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-17295-1387160976-799.66332-15-0@perl.org
On Fri Jun 05 04:15:34 2009, 3mmmzzz@gmail.com wrote:
> ------------------------------
>   HI,
> When I ./configure perl-5.8.9 in an HP PA-RISC with CC I have no problems
> but with gcc I get this error:
>
> Finding dependencies for pp_sort.o.
> Finding dependencies for miniperlmain.o.
> Finding dependencies for perlmain.o.
> Finding dependencies for opmini.o.
> ./makedepend[159]: makefile: Cannot find or open the file.
> echo Makefile.SH cflags.SH config_h.SH makeaperl.SH makedepend.SH makedir.SH
> myconfig.SH writemain.SH pod/Makefile.SH | tr ' ' '\n' >.shlist
> Updating makefile...
> cp: cannot access makefile: No such file or directory
> test -s perlmain.c && touch perlmain.c
> cd x2p; make depend
> sh ../makedepend MAKE=make
> ../makedepend: Already running, exiting.
> Now you must run 'make'
>
> I'm using this command line:
> ./Configure -d -Dprefix='/home/install/RISCperl' -Dcc=gcc
>
> Could any one please help me resolving this issue?
> Best regards

We have not heard from the Original Poster on this ticket in more than four years, notwithstanding debugging suggestions from Tux, Andy D and chorny.

I'm taking this ticket for the purpose of closing it within seven days unless someone else wants to take the ticket over and move the discussion forward.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open