develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2013

Re: Option to use and create "unique" library names

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
December 2, 2013 12:27
Re: Option to use and create "unique" library names
Message ID:
CAHhgV8j2YYR3J24ZRvhC0HDS5CiaXu6cqy38R4LndjppO2khEw@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Brian Fraser <fraserbn@gmail.com> wrote:
> >What we did in the android branch was introduce an option,
> d_libname_unique,
> >that when defined, has Makemaker create an "unique" libname for each
> module,
> >and teaches XSLoader and Dynaloader to look for those; So for example,
> >Hash/Util/Util.so becomes Hash/Util/Perl_Hash_Util.so.
>
> So Hash::Util and Hash_Util will get the same `unique' name?  (There are
> two clashes of thus-transformed module names in the current CPAN index;
> none of the involved modules is XS.)  Mangle ftw.

No, Hash::Util would collide with the much less likely Hash__Util.

Leon