develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2013

Re: Option to use and create "unique" library names

From:
Zefram
Date:
December 2, 2013 12:20
Re: Option to use and create "unique" library names
Message ID:
20131202122044.GT21945@fysh.org
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Brian Fraser <fraserbn@gmail.com> wrote:
>What we did in the android branch was introduce an option, d_libname_unique,
>that when defined, has Makemaker create an "unique" libname for each module,
>and teaches XSLoader and Dynaloader to look for those; So for example,
>Hash/Util/Util.so becomes Hash/Util/Perl_Hash_Util.so.

So Hash::Util and Hash_Util will get the same `unique' name?  (There are
two clashes of thus-transformed module names in the current CPAN index;
none of the involved modules is XS.)  Mangle ftw.

-zefram