develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2013

Re: [perl #89502] Add support for Atari FreeMiNT platform

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
November 27, 2013 16:40
Re: [perl #89502] Add support for Atari FreeMiNT platform
Message ID:
CAHhgV8iwiGYNTotwsGHWW0AGmAZk6qRkuDtQraW104WwD4N6KA@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 02:16:02PM -0700, Alan Hourihane via RT wrote:
>
> > Also, we need the above comment rectifying so we don't lose dld support.
>
> The dl_dld.xs file makes no use of any of the probing done by Configure -
> for example, it unconditionally includes <dld.h> instead of wrapping it in
> C pre-processor macros. So we don't need to re-instate the probes.
>
> Also, no other platform is using dld, so if we put the file back as
> dl_mint.xs, I believe that Configure (as-is) will automatically pick it up
> for MiNT. ($osname is set to 'mint', correct?)
>
> That keeps Configure simpler, without stopping MiNT working.
>
> Nicholas Clark

ExtUtils::Mkbootstrap contains some specific code for «$Config{'dlsrc'} =~
/^dl_dld/». I have no idea if this should be updated or simply removed,
someone with more clue of dld/mint should take a look at it. It might
explain the «libc/system level bugs» mentioned below.

Leon