Re: perl on z/OS

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
October 31, 2013 10:58
Re: perl on z/OS
Message ID:
20131031105842.GA2776@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 04:17:28PM +0000, Kevin Shaw wrote:

> We use cvs.
>
> I can see perl uses git, and I¹m trying to learn about how to contribute
> directly, but the page is broken:
> http://dev.perl.org/perl5/docs/perlrepository.html
> linked from here:
> http://dev.perl.org/perl5/source.html

I migrated my own repos from CVS to git a few years back. The
instructions here:
  http://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/v1.4.4.4/cvs-migration.html

mostly worked, with a coupla caveats, which I wittered about in my blog:
  http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/journal/id/migrating-to-git

Of course, given that this is using open sores software, some of what I
wrote is bound to be out of date by now, but I hope it's at least a
little bit helpful.

We decided that in a world of 8 string guitars, 12 string basses
and drumkits from hell "shredding" in weird scat-jazz time
signatures that we wanted a stripped down song with lots of
shouting, and where the verse and chorus are the same chords.