[perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to free temp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 30, 2013 20:29
Subject:
[perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to free temp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-28268-1383164979-1831.120314-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Oct 30 08:02:10 2013, pcm wrote:

> > I think allowing a way for even C++ compilers to use char for bool
> > (which your proposal would not cover) is a good idea.  (I know I’ll
> > use it; I also suggest the smokers use it.)
> >
> > When you sent your last message, I had already written the attached
> > patch.  What do you think of this approach?
> >

> Sorry, I didnt mean to imply my approach was the whole solution :-). I
> was suggesting that as a part of your approach, instead of moving the
> mach include to perl.c, the set caret x function and the mach
> dependency be moved together.  So, instead of moving it from the
> header to perl.c, it would be moved to its own c file, so perl.c would
> still get whatever handy.h sets bool to.
>
> (I hope thats clearer)

I see.  Care to write a patch against mine? :-)

I think the name caretx.c is fine.  It would need a Tolkien quote.

Speaking of path names, it has been a long time since I read LOTR, but I seem to remember a discussion in which Faramir asked if Cirith Ungol was the name of the path Gollum spoke of.  Could someone find that quote, or maybe something mentioning the Paths of the Dead?

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: resolved