[perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to free temp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 30, 2013 12:41
Subject:
[perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to free temp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-28268-1383136892-2.120314-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Oct 29 07:21:13 2013, pcm wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Father Chrysostomos via RT
> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> >
> > I suppose so, but we would still have to shift defines around for Mac
> > OS X, as
> > mach-o/dyld.h includes stdbool.h.  (stdbool.h support was added for
> > its sake; see
> > <http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/;msgid=20110914202736.GN23881@plum.flirble.org>).
> >

> Can we instead move S_set_caret_X from perl.c to, say, caretx.c, and
> the dependency on mach-o/dyld.h and stdbool.h with it?  That way we
> could turn off I_STDBOOL for testing builds without worrying about
> special casing Mac OS X.
>
> I'd have a patch attached if I had a better idea for a name :-)

I think allowing a way for even C++ compilers to use char for bool (which your proposal would not cover) is a good idea.  (I know I’ll use it; I also suggest the smokers use it.)

When you sent your last message, I had already written the attached patch.  What do you think of this approach?

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: resolved