[perl #119805] Errors in preamble code report line 0

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 29, 2013 23:39
Subject:
[perl #119805] Errors in preamble code report line 0
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-24531-1383089967-357.119805-14-0@perl.org
On Mon Sep 16 15:42:03 2013, perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org wrote:
> * Father Chrysostomos via RT <perlbug-comment@perl.org> [2013-09-
> 16T12:59:00]
> > Or we could special-case line 0 to say ‘in preamble’, which sounds
> > better than ‘at preamble line 0’ or ‘at preamble’.
>
> Yes, this would be good.

Simply tacking on ‘in preamble’ when the line number is 0 is not so helpful.  My first attempt at this gives the following:

$ ./perl -b
Unrecognized switch: -b  (-h will show valid options) in preamble.

That’s just weird.

--

Father Chrysostomos