[perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to free temp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 25, 2013 04:24
Subject:
[perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to free temp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-24733-1382675080-662.120314-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Oct 24 19:55:58 2013, craig.a.berry@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Vincent Pit <perl@profvince.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> But people do manual builds with g++ fairly regularly as a stricter,
> >> trouble-seeking C.  I think it's just that in the unusual case of
> >> bool, C is where the trouble is.
> >>

> > I think you mean "stricter non-C". :)
>
> When you throw C code at a C++ compiler and it finds real problems
> that a C compiler didn't catch, then for all practical purposes it's a
> stricter C compiler.
>
> > The only legitimate use of a C++ compiler to build perl is to check
> > that the
> > headers are both valid C and C++.
>
> In that case, illegitimacy is more fun, or at least of more practical
> benefit.  See paragraph 4 of
> <http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2011/07/msg174792.html>.

OK, but could someone comment on my patch that makes even C++ have a C-style bool under -DDEBUGGING? :-)

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open