Re: [perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to freetemp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
October 25, 2013 02:55
Re: [perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to freetemp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes
Message ID:
CA+vYcVwsn-U0hKn+A3xwG7Y730LrnP=AYrTovtBTCdD9_+GR1w@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Vincent Pit <perl@profvince.com> wrote:

>> But people do manual builds with g++ fairly regularly as a stricter,
>> trouble-seeking C.  I think it's just that in the unusual case of
>> bool, C is where the trouble is.
>>

> I think you mean "stricter non-C". :)

When you throw C code at a C++ compiler and it finds real problems
that a C compiler didn't catch, then for all practical purposes it's a
stricter C compiler.

> The only legitimate use of a C++ compiler to build perl is to check that the
> headers are both valid C and C++.

In that case, illegitimacy is more fun, or at least of more practical
benefit.  See paragraph 4 of
<http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2011/07/msg174792.html>.