Re: [perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to freetemp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
October 23, 2013 21:42
Re: [perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to freetemp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes
Message ID:
CA+vYcVwhEvr3HrG9ZoYVTbKa8QJKxDFQYgyeJQvLUSDcPnqXbA@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM, bulk88 via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> A lack of knowledge of C89, since AFAIK, most P5Pers use GCC in C++ mode
>> here, and if my C++ knowledge is correct, they will never see the bug.
>

> I think the only platform that uses gcc in C++ mode is Strawberry Perl. It's
> usually more like C99 ;-).

But people do manual builds with g++ fairly regularly as a stricter,
trouble-seeking C.  I think it's just that in the unusual case of
bool, C is where the trouble is.