[perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to free temp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 23, 2013 16:25
Subject:
[perl #120314] t/re/fold_grind.t spews tons of "Attempt to free temp prematurely" warnings on DEBUGGING but ultimately passes
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-26210-1382545516-1860.120314-15-0@perl.org

http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commit/db17973a7879fcb6ada1024d1c72e99a944746d1
> is responsible. I'll leave it to khw to realize his mistake in that
> commit and fix all the warnings in regcomp.c in
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.daily-
> build.reports/2013/10/msg152778.html
> .
>
> I am upset because the only reason I saw this is because I looked at
> my
> screen because my TV show went to commercials. The smoke report still
> "passes" even though its outputting severe warnings. The timing of
> commercials on the TV is not a reliable way to check for bugs in a
> make
> test.
>
> IMO if it wasn't for a TV commercial this would have silently gone
> into
> 5.20. Anyone agree or disagree?
>
> Maybe those SV leak warnings should be fatal on DEBUGGING builds, not
> warnings?

I use GCC without C++ mode, and it seems to imply !! when casting to a
bool.  That used not to be the case.  What I have now is version 4.2.1.
 I don’t remember what I used before, or whether the GCC version has
anything to do with it.  Could stdbool.h have something to do with it?

(My complaint is that I used to catch this type of bug regularly, and
now I don’t, and can’t easily.)

--

Father Chrysostomos

---