Re: Question on porting perl 5.16 to Android (no /bin/sh)

From:
Alexandre Jousset
Date:
October 10, 2013 13:41
Re: Question on porting perl 5.16 to Android (no /bin/sh)
Message ID:
5256AE5F.6030009@gtmp.org
	Hello,

Le 04/09/2013 19:21, Brian Fraser a écrit :
> Rather than using perldroid, try using castaway's branch here:
> https://github.com/castaway/perl/tree/jrobinson/configure-for-cross
>
> Which solves that and several other issues with perl on android, such as making 'system "echo", "foo"' work, even though "echo" is a shell builtin in Android, or being able to use both List::Util and Hash::Util in the same program, which fails on perldroid due to some limitations in the android linker.
> Also, for the time being, perhaps considering using https://github.com/Hugmeir/utf8mess/tree/configure-for-cross instead, at least until that's merged into the main branch, if you want to run a successful 'make test' after building, to ensure that your perl is working properly.

	I'm the initiator of the PerlDroid project and, as I stated on the project page (after Ben's questions), I'm currently waiting for the new way to cross compile perl to replace my ugly^W hacks ;-)

	Does anyone has some (even rough) information about when this great work will be included in the main branch? And which (if already planned) stable version of perl will include it?

	Thanks,
--