Re: [perl #119499] $! returned with UTF-8 flag under UTF-8 localesonly under 5.19.2+

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
October 10, 2013 03:27
Re: [perl #119499] $! returned with UTF-8 flag under UTF-8 localesonly under 5.19.2+
Message ID:
CA+vYcVwpUaxw6SJPzhdPwYOtsk5r5rku8N_5hWG52hQ_nk6qfQ@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:

> Whatever behavior we decide to do has to also be applied to $^E.

Probably not, actually.  perlvar.pod says that $^E is  "Error
information specific to the current operating system."  As I've
indicated to you off-list, how you get different languages for system
messages on any given operating system is as likely as not going to be
completely orthogonal to the notion of a POSIX locale.