[perl #119089] Shared references (threads::shared) disappear on sub return

From:
Dominic Hargreaves via RT
Date:
October 4, 2013 13:10
Subject:
[perl #119089] Shared references (threads::shared) disappear on sub return
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-26210-1380892226-593.119089-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Oct 01 06:30:56 2013, nicholas wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 08:43:04AM -0700, Jerry D. Hedden via RT
wrote:
> > On Sat Sep 14 16:09:05 2013, dom wrote:
> > > Aha. Thanks for the hint! I've updated the patch and the this now
> > > builds and tests okay against 5.14.2-21:
> > >
> > > http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?
> > p=perl/perl.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/bug-
> > > 718438
> > >
> > > And the original test case from the reporter on the Debian bug now
> > > succeeds.
> > It appears that this bug can be resolved.
>
> Actually it can't yet, because the patch isn't yet in blead. No-one
> who looked at it to review it was confident enough of it to merge it
> immediately, and Dave raised a further question which I've not yet had
time
> to think about.

Hmm, I can't see the subsequent question from Dave on this ticket. I'd
be interested in knowing about it even if there isn't an answer for it
yet, since this patch is queued for a Debian point release update in a
bid to fix the original regression. If there are sufficient remaining
uncertainties about the patch, it may be better to revert it before the
point release.

Cheers,
Dominic.

---