Perldoc FAQ typo.

From:
Tom Matthews
Date:
October 2, 2013 09:37
Subject:
Perldoc FAQ typo.
Message ID:
OF2362B674.A4DB285D-ON80257BF8.0033ADC4-80257BF8.0034D853@db.com
Classification: Public

In this document : http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfaq8.html

In this paragraph : How do I clear the screen?

This text :

The Term::Cap module can also get the special sequence if you want to deal
with the low-level details of terminal control. The Tputs method returns
the string for the given capability:
1.          use Term::Cap;
2.
3.          my $terminal = Term::Cap->Tgetent( { OSPEED => 9600 } );
4.          my $clear_string = $terminal->Tputs('cl');
5.
6.          print $clear_screen;

Should be :

The Term::Cap module can also get the special sequence if you want to deal
with the low-level details of terminal control. The Tputs method returns
the string for the given capability:
1.          use Term::Cap;
2.
3.          my $terminal = Term::Cap->Tgetent( { OSPEED => 9600 } );
4.          my $clear_string = $terminal->Tputs('cl');
5.
6.          print $clear_string;

Thanks,

Tom Matthews
Deutsche Bank AG, Filiale London
6/8 Bishopsgate, EC2N 4DA London, United Kingdom
Tel. +44(20)754-56019
Mobile +44 796-7971898
Email tom.matthews@db.com

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.