Re: [perl #120047] perl should enable "$_" for use before callingsubs

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
September 29, 2013 23:14
Re: [perl #120047] perl should enable "$_" for use before callingsubs
Message ID:
20130929231401.GA20152@cancer.codesimply.com
* Linda Walsh via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2013-09-29T16:24:53]
> There may also be cases where passing the changed value is desired, but
> that's why lexical "$_" was created -- to allow $_ to use it locally,
> but not propagate it's value to called routines.  Except that feature
> was removed without deprecation in 5.18 and replaced with an
> experimental one (but that's a different bug/discussion).

You are mistaken.  The behavior of "my $_" was not significantly changed, other
than to add a warning indicating that it was now considered experimental,
because it seems to be in need of fixing to behave unsurprisingly.

--
rjbs