[perl #120015] EBCDIC convert to ASCII

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 27, 2013 01:45
Subject:
[perl #120015] EBCDIC convert to ASCII
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-31239-1380246312-1648.120015-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Sep 26 02:57:08 2013, hematerdale@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I was converting mainframe EbCDIC data to ASCII using perl module
>    Convert::IBM390 unpackeb. I am not able to convert Ebcdic " + "
>    plus character to ASCII format. I tried giving e or c for unpackeb.
>    Will you please let me know how to convert this particular
>    character
>
> Sent from my iPhone

This question is not appropriate for this list.  'perlbug' is used to
report problems in the Perl 5 core distribution.  The
perl5-porters@perl.org mailing list gets cc-ed on all 'perlbug' reports,
but it, too, is focused on the Perl 5 core distribution.

Convert::IBM390 is maintained on the CPAN.  You can consult its
documentation at
http://search.cpan.org/~grommel/Convert-IBM390-0.27/lib/Convert/IBM390.pod.

In the Perl 5 core distribution we do have some discussion of EBCDIC.
Start by saying, 'perldoc perlebcdic'.

Alternatively, you can pose your question at one of a number of good
perl help sites, such as http://perlmonks.org.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---