Ancient hints biting the dust

From:
Brian Fraser
Date:
September 24, 2013 02:39
Subject:
Ancient hints biting the dust
Message ID:
CA+nL+naVFESxfofLD0xktdq7MO0kgNQioXsju3xK7aRFaNDscA@mail.gmail.com
More archeology stuff here. Can we take these, and related defines, out? Do
they need a deprecation notice?

These have no build reports since *at least* 5.005, some of them even
further back, but still have hints files:
* A/UX
* Interactive Unix
* DYNIX, DYNIX/Ptr, Unisys Dynix
* ConvexOS
* CX/UX
* DC/OSx (Pyramid, SINIX)
* ESIX
* EP/IX
* FPS
er, well, I think. Googling this one is impossible.
* GENIX
* Greenhills
The hints file was added in perl 4, but I'm not sure which OS this is.
There is a Green Hills company that produces a "Integrity" OS, but that
probably needs it's own hints file if perl is ever ported there.
* MPC
* NEWS-OS (aka Sony NEWS)
Hints file is for NewsOS 4.x. The last releases in the series were 6.x,
which must've happened at the latest in 98, when the NEWS division of Sony
was dissolved.
* NeXTSTEP, OpenSTEP
Three hints files. NeXT itself has been gone since 95. Open might be worth
keeping for a while longer, which means not removing next_4.sh
* Opus
* Stellar
* TI1500
* Ultrix