Re: [perl #119799] %{"_<..."} acts on @DB::dbline

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
September 23, 2013 12:03
Re: [perl #119799] %{"_<..."} acts on @DB::dbline
Message ID:
20130923120321.GC66035@plum.flirble.org
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 06:25:56PM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> * Father Chrysostomos <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2013-09-15T15:01:58]
> > Hence, all %{"_<..."} hashes are the same.
> >
> > Is this a case where the documentation should be expanded to match the
> > implementation?  Or should we change the implementation to make each
> > %{"_<..."} hash work on its corresponding @{"_<..."} array?  The latter seems
> > more useful to me.
>
> I agree: the latter seems more useful.

I really don't have much of an opinion of this.

The latter seems more useful. It seems somewhat wasteful that there is a
need to keep (re)aliasing *DB::dbline just to set breakpoints on a different
file.

There are so few debuggers on CPAN that I suspect that there's almost no
debugger-like code elsewhere, so if there is any breakage, it will be
minimal and manageable.

Nicholas Clark