RE: [perl #119529] Filehandle opened from ref to ref hangs onreading

From:
Ed Avis
Date:
September 23, 2013 06:59
RE: [perl #119529] Filehandle opened from ref to ref hangs onreading
Message ID:
7E039918541B4C4183BFDB8F015C743016191D@WCL-EXCH02.wcl.local
In general I suggest that opening a filehandle giving a reference to a reference doesn't make any sense, and surely didn't do anything useful even before the change identified.  It would be better to make it throw an exception.

Similarly I suggest that open $fh, '<', \undef should also throw.