[perl #35416] Problem compiling perl 5.9.2

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 20, 2013 01:54
Subject:
[perl #35416] Problem compiling perl 5.9.2
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1379642088-811.35416-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Sep 19 08:27:40 2013, Hugmeir wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM, James E Keenan via RT <
> perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat May 26 19:37:36 2012, Hugmeir wrote:

> Perl with

> recent
> > > >

> > > There was a recent thread on the list about SOCKS support; the
> gist of it
> > > is that it's most likely broken. So they'll probably still have
> these
> > > errors for newer Perls.
> >

> > Brian, there has been no further correspondence in this RT since you
> > last posted 16 months ago.  Is there any reason to keep it open?
> >

> I would say close it. SOCKS is likely still broken, but if someone
> cares
> about it they can file a ticket against a newer perl.

Thanks for the rapid response, Brian.  Closing ticket.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open