[perl #29103] library path not set correctly for IRIX 5

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 18, 2013 23:14
Subject:
[perl #29103] library path not set correctly for IRIX 5
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1379546058-1538.29103-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Apr 29 03:02:20 2004, geos wrote:
> > I am NOT going to apply this patch. The part you changed (or at
> least proposed
> > a change for) is specifically flags to be passed to the compiler end
> ($cc),
> > not to the loader directly. What is noted here is correct.
>
> yes, true. I should have stressed that for the IRIX 5.3 IDO the syntax
> of
> ld and cc is the same with respect to this aspect.
>

> > If it turns out to be that the C compiler on IRIX 5 does not
> understand the
>
> it does not.
>
> > -Wl,... syntax, please supply a patch to hints/irix_5.sh, so it
> changes the
> > $lddlflags instead, which should work too.
>
> I would love to. Something like
>
> lddlflags=`echo "$lddlflags"|sed -e 's/-Wl,-rpath,/-rpath /'`
>
> maybe... I'll try.
>
> I just wonder why all these OS-specific settings are done in Configure
> then
> and are not left to the respective hints file?

Is there anyone familiar with either the IRIX operating system and/or
Configure who could review the issues in this ticket?  It has attracted
no commentary in nine years.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---