[perl #24175] ld2 build problem on Cygwin

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 18, 2013 23:11
Subject:
[perl #24175] ld2 build problem on Cygwin
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1379545874-633.24175-15-0@perl.org
On Sat May 26 19:11:02 2012, jkeenan wrote:
> On Thu Oct 09 11:01:25 2003, jdavidb@goreadthebible.com wrote:
> >
> >   Building on cygwin requires build and installation of a tool called
> >    ld2.  Building on a default install of cygwin including perl
> >    succeeds, because it uses the ld2 installed with cygwin.
> >
> >   However, building for installation in a nonstandard directory (e.g.
> >    /usr/local/perl581) fails.  The /usr/bin/install command attempts
> >    to install ld2 early in the build process at
> >    /usr/local/perl581/bin/ld2 and fails unless /usr/local/perl581/bin
> >    exists.  For some reason the install command does not create this
> >    directory, although when perl is finally installed several
> >    subdirectories like this are created without a problem (lib, man,
> >    etc.).  The make fails, the user has to create the directory, and
> >    then restart the build.
> >

> Could someone who has experience building a recent Perl on Cygwin review
> the issues in this older RT?
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan

Let me re-pose this question 16 months later:  Is there anyone who
builds Perl on Cygwin who could review the issues in RT #24175?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open