Re: Article on debugging memory problems

From:
Brian Fraser
Date:
September 17, 2013 23:20
Re: Article on debugging memory problems
Message ID:
CA+nL+naxyFrP3JzRB9ErLHBy99dBgO-Pz_A9r6FBbFZqKL1_=g@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> when I recently had to debug some annoying refcount-related memory problem
> in a moderately large body of XS code, I took the opportunity to write a
> blog post about the fun I failed to have. Specifically interesting for
> (part of) this group might be the discussion of perl Configure options to
> get the most help out of perl. (DEBUG_LEAKING_SCALARS and friends,
> PERL_POISON, etc., but mostly spends time explaining some of the basics).
>
> Comments, corrections, and additions are most welcome.
>
> http://blog.booking.com/the-**dreaded-attempt-to-free-**
> unreferenced-scalar.html<http://blog.booking.com/the-dreaded-attempt-to-free-unreferenced-scalar.html>
>
> --Steffen

I kept this post on the back of my head in case one day I wound up needing
it, and today was the day! Thanks for this, helped tracking down things
considerably :D
(For me, the error was storing cxstack[cxstack_ix].blk_sub.argarray and
reusing it as the argarray of a new context, but not upping its refcount)