[perl #119863] bug in Math::BigInt with undef

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
September 17, 2013 15:38
Subject:
[perl #119863] bug in Math::BigInt with undef
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1379432322-327.119863-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Sep 17 07:23:11 2013, hb-perlbug@bsws.de wrote:
> Math::BigInt got broken when one component is undef. Unfortunately
> the I can only reproduce teh bug in a big custome webapp, but it
> comes down to BigInt.pm's objectify() being called with an undef
> param, which it won't objectify, due to the check on line 2673ff
>
>         # Don't do anything with undefs.
>
>         unless (defined($a[$i])) {
>             next;
>         }

That appears to be by design.  I suspect your code is buggy in giving it
undef to begin with.

Could you try to reduce your big webapp to something smaller that can
reproduce the bug?

--

Father Chrysostomos

---