Rights and obligations of Maintainership?

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
September 17, 2013 15:28
Subject:
Rights and obligations of Maintainership?
Message ID:
CAHhgV8jWSw4ipzVC90Gt2m4sffpNuf8SLF5K27WDNnbZ0=HSFg@mail.gmail.com
Almost all dual-life modules have an official maintainer listed in
Porting/Maintainers.pl, however in a lot of cases that doesn't correspond
with reality.

In some cases there is a de-facto maintainer who has taken over from the
official maintainer. For example Ken Williams is still listed as
Module::Build maintainer despite his last release being almost 5 years ago.
Should we just update such entries? Should we ask the official maintainer
about it? A similar situation exists with Jos Boumans' modules and possibly
others.

Also, some modules are effectively unmaintained. Some modules are just in
deep hibernation, in other cases maintainers need to be harassed because
their module has been broken on blead for months. How should we deal with
that?

Leon