[perl #119843] IPC::Open3 does untie STDOUT but does not untie STDERR, causing issue in FCGI usage

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 17, 2013 02:03
Subject:
[perl #119843] IPC::Open3 does untie STDOUT but does not untie STDERR, causing issue in FCGI usage
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1379383399-1702.119843-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Sep 16 01:45:59 2013, ailin@devio.us wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from ailin@devio.us,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.14.2.

> I am trying to use IPC::Open3 to run a program from within a FCGI
> application (Movable Type in this case). The error I get is "Not a
> GLOB reference". This happens when trying to close the original STDERR
> for redirection.
>
> I have confirmed that the issue is still in the Perl 5.19.3 IPC::Open3
> source code and the fix is very trivial. Just add
>
>   untie *STDERR;
>
> to the same place as untie *STDOUT;
>
> Thanks,
> Nei (Ailin Nemui)

Is the attached the change you are recommending?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new