Re: [perl #119769] skip lib/ExtUtils/t/Embed.t when cross-compiling

From:
Brian Fraser
Date:
September 17, 2013 01:06
Re: [perl #119769] skip lib/ExtUtils/t/Embed.t when cross-compiling
Message ID:
CA+nL+nZ=O=F6rH8yUFFKdCcsCN9sKuf6srCF3XBe0M_5PuOVsQ@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Tony Cook <tony@develop-help.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 09:40:54PM -0300, Brian Fraser wrote:
> > The applied patch isn't intrusive and does help the current
> > cross-compilation situation, so no need to revert it or anything, but
> > whenever castaway's branch is merged we can deal with this better,
> perhaps
> > doing something like this:
> >
> https://github.com/Hugmeir/utf8mess/commit/e4c8127787478ea81e5de0e6d358146940908433
>
> What's the chance of at least part of castaway's branch landing?
>
> I suspect having it land as one huge chunk is going to be painful.

From a quick look, if the ~20 not-android-related commits that change
Configure land, everything else is pretty self-contained and should be easy
to feed incrementally. Tux said those needed to be okay'd by Nicholas and
rjbs beforehand, though. With just the Configure-specific bits, you could
get a full(?) perl on the raspi, and a half-working perl in android that's
closer to miniperl than anything else, but a perl nonetheless. Tests for
both would only go as far as porting/.
A roadblock is that it'll break WinCE again, because those Makefiles need
to be updated manually.