Re: [perl #116475] automate perldelta "new modules" section

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
September 13, 2013 19:17
Re: [perl #116475] automate perldelta "new modules" section
Message ID:
20130913012243.GA1000@cancer.codesimply.com
* Abir Viqar via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2013-09-12T21:10:26]
> In light of this incremental approach, is improving
> corelist-perldelta.pl still desired?

Definitely.  The reason that it is done throughout the month is that if it is
not, then it becomes a big boring task at the end of the release cycle.  If it
was instead a single program to be run at that time, there'd be no reason to do
it at other times.

Now, that said, there is one useful point.  Often, all that is needed is the
note that "X was upgraded from v1 to v2" but sometimes more information is
needed.  "X was upgraded from v1 to v2 and now support Foozles."  An automated
program should leave those in place.  Even better would be to notice them and
then make sure that their claim is accurate!

Let me (or p5p) know if you have any further questions.  I'm always very
excited to see more automation fo the release process!

--
rjbs