[perl #41275] Failure in ARM-Linux cross compile

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 13, 2013 00:50
Subject:
[perl #41275] Failure in ARM-Linux cross compile
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1379033447-396.41275-15-0@perl.org
On Thu May 24 18:38:52 2012, jkeenan wrote:
> On Mon Jan 15 19:01:43 2007, liu.wu@intel.com wrote:
> > Dear Sir,
> >
> > I want to port perl to embedded Linux . my environment is : ARM-Linux
> > ,use xscale_be-gcc C compile .
> >
> > I according to the steps in "Cross-compilation" section in INSTALL in
> > ~/perl-5.8.8
> >
> >  Like this :
> >
> >     sh ./Configure -des -Dusecrosscompile \
> >
> >         -Dtargethost=*.*.*.*\
> >
> >         -Dtargetdir=/tar/get/dir \
> >
> >         -Dtargetuser=wuliu \
> >
> >         -Dtargetarch=arm-linux \
> >
> >         -Dcc=xscale_be-gcc \
> >
> >         -Dusrinc=/opt/Perl_install/usr/local/include\
> >
> >         -Dincpth=/opt/Perl_install/usr/local/include \
> >
> >         -Dlibpth=/opt/Perl_install/usr/local/lib \
> >
> >         -D...
> >
> > Our host that running redhat 's ip address is *.*.*.*
> >
> > But this is can't run success
> >
> > The error :
> >
> >  I've tried to compile and run the following simple program:
> >

> > #include <stdio.h>
> >
> > int main() { printf("Ok\n"); return(0); }
> >

> > I used the command:
> >

> >         xscale_be-gcc -o try -O2 -DOVR_DBL_DIG=14 try.c
> >
> >         /home/roger/Perl/perl-5.8.8/Cross/run-ssh ./try
> >

> > and I got the following output:
> >

> > Permission denied, please try again.
> >
> > bash: line 1: ././try: cannot execute binary file
> >
> > The program compiled OK, but exited with status 126.
> >
> > You have a problem.  Shall I abort Configure [y]
> >
> > Ok.  Stopping Configure.
> >

> > I don't know what is wrong ,
> >
> > Our target machine that my program run on it and host machine that my
> > program compile and build on it should be connect use SSH?
> >
> > Thank you
> >

> > Wu Liu
>
> Do we have anyone familiar with cross-compilation issues who could take
> a look at this ticket?
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan

Re-posing the question 15 months later:  Is there someone familiar with
cross-compilation issues who could take a look at this ticket?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open