[perl #24537] HP-UX 11.00 -- SA_RESTART not allowing EINTR through to select

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 13, 2013 00:48
Subject:
[perl #24537] HP-UX 11.00 -- SA_RESTART not allowing EINTR through to select
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1379033310-356.24537-15-0@perl.org
On Fri May 25 02:12:56 2012, LeonT wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:17 AM, James E Keenan via RT
> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> > Hugmeir reported on #p5p tonight, "I can reproduce this in HP-UX, Linux,
> > and OpenBSD. I don't know the first thing about signals, so could
> > someone check if this actually a bug?"
> >
> > I know just as little about signals. �I reproduced the problem on Darwin
> > with a version of chaimf's program (attached) cleaned up a bit to run
> > under 'use strict'.
>
> The sigchild handlers contains a blocking waitpid, so of course it
> will wait until all children have died. perlipc tells one to use
> WNOHANG for a reason. This is the expected behavior, not a bug.
>
> Also, one should not assume every child-death generates a sigchild,
> nor that a sigchild necessarily means a child's death. That's not the
> way the thing works.
>
> Leon

Reviewing this older ticket tonight, I read Leon's remark of more than
15 months ago as saying:  Not a bug.

Accordingly, I'm taking this ticket for the purpose of closing it within
7 days unless some argues persuasively otherwise.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open