[perl #7586] STDOUT is not flushed before exec().

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
September 13, 2013 00:43
Subject:
[perl #7586] STDOUT is not flushed before exec().
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-1873-1379032959-814.7586-15-0@perl.org
On Sat May 26 16:19:46 2012, Hugmeir wrote:
> On Mon Sep 17 10:42:28 2001, RT_System wrote:
> > If $|++ is present, it works everywhere I've tested.
> > But without $|++, it works on Linux, but not on Solaris.
> > (The code quoted above is missing the dollarsign in $SIG{}.)
> >
> > I used "perl -pi -e 's/tsuJ\n/tsuJ/' test-fail.pl" to remove
> > the trailing linefeed after editing the file.

> > > util.c:Perl_my_fflush_all() should take care of this, and it is
> > called,
> > > via PERL_FLUSHALL_FOR_CHILD, in all the obvious places. Does that
> > fail
> > > to work correctly on your system, or is not called at all?
> > >
> > > - ams
> >
> > I don't know the answer to that question.
> > 		-Joe
> >

> I couldn't get the code to run either, but this sounds like several
> other exec-not-flushing-STDOUT bugs that were fixed a while ago but only
> closed recently. OP, if you are still around, are you still seeing this
> issue with newer versions of Perl?
>
> Since this ticket has been silent for over a decade, I recommend leaving
> it open for thirty more days, then closing it unless we get new
> information or other complains.
>
> --hugmeir

No response in 15 months.  Closing ticket.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open