Re: [perl #119709] [META] tickets blocking the release of 5.18.2

From:
Smylers
Date:
September 11, 2013 08:24
Re: [perl #119709] [META] tickets blocking the release of 5.18.2
Message ID:
20130911082351.GC2225@stripey.com
Ricardo SIGNES writes:

> We should release a new perl! A maintenance perl!  Probably sooner
> rather than later, as we'd like to fix the main cv problem.  Hereto
> attached are tickets to be fixed in that release.

Here are some doc changes that may be worthwhile:

• We should be able to get rid of the out of date
  http://perldoc.perl.org/perlrepository.html (which has been the source
  of some inconvenience for Porters) by making a stable perl release
  that includes #119571, which re-introduces that page in stub form.

• Having the latest version of the Super Quick Patch Guide in the
  release may also help Porters, in that they have to spend less time
  helping a new contributor who's looking at an older version. #119599
  has some improvements.

• The copyright date in README really should include 2013. One of the
  patches in #119625 does this.

Smylers
--
Stop drug companies hiding negative research results.
Sign the AllTrials petition to get all clinical research results published.